Take a journey into the unknown, Web 1.0, 2.0,3.0,??? Excite, Enjoy, Innovate

"To allow fear to be in control of one's life, is to limit oneself and all around you. Connect with your children, with your learners. Understand them, understand their worlds and grow with them, not against them".




Add to Technorati Favorites

Friday, 15 May 2009

Cirque du Soleil - An Uplifting Experience

Cirque du Soleil I was fortunate to receive a ticket to the premiere of Cirque du Soleil in Melbourne. Upon receiving the ticket however I did not realise how fortunate I really was, I knew little about the event and had never experienced Cirque du Soleil in the past.

With no expectations, I arrived at the event, to find tents that on their own inspire one. Those working on the gates, entrances and other areas where friendly and more helpful than I have found staff to be at other events - Congratulations to those who hired the staff and of course to those who were part of the, I guess, customer service team.

So now I am in the correct door and seated. There is something happening in the front rows. The laughter was a clear indicator and when I put my glasses on (yes vain until necessity prevails), I could see, that one of the performers had brought the audience into the show, by engaging them as part of the act. I have not laughed so much for a very long time and despite not being familiar with the language, the performance of the 'clown' type acts, rose above the spoken word. Their actions and performance so detailed and seemingly effortless, providing much laughter and made the audience feel as if they were a part of the event, not just spectators.

From then on, came many acts that were not only amazing in costume and music and skill but uplifting. Many have stated some of the acts to be death defying etc and yes some where and had me sitting on the edge of my seat. From the moment I sat down to enjoy the show, the time vanished as I was immersed in every aspect of each performance. The end came and I like others wanted more. The standing ovations at the end of the event, a clear measure of the audiences enjoyment.

I would recommend that if you are in Melbourne, grab some pals, tickets and treat yourselves to an event that will uplift you like few have done in the past.

Thanks to Julie Cavanagh and the Cirque du Soleil team for affording me such a wonderful, uplifiting and memorable experience.

PS - I enjoyed it so much I purchased the DVD so I can enjoy Cirque du Soleil again and again.

http://www.cirquedusoleil.com/world/en/au/intro/intro.asp

No comments: