Take a journey into the unknown, Web 1.0, 2.0,3.0,??? Excite, Enjoy, Innovate

"To allow fear to be in control of one's life, is to limit oneself and all around you. Connect with your children, with your learners. Understand them, understand their worlds and grow with them, not against them".




Add to Technorati Favorites

Friday, 12 October 2007

Facebook vs Myspace. The Winner - Facebook of Course!!!!

http://blogs.zdnet.com/Hinchcliffe/?p=137 Articles such as the one above, six months ago would have left me clearly in favor of Myspace. Facebook at the time I did not feel suited my needs. College Networks, Friends and the like but little in the professional education, social networking world I was looking for. The result at the time for me was to venture into the world of Ning . In Ning, I found a number of groups that appealed to my needs, a great assortment, so of course I joined as many as I could. Ambitious to say the least. How on earth can one person, blog or even cut and paste to each of the groups they have joined?????? Focus soon came into play and I concentrated on Classroom 2.0 in Ning - Come if you are not a member, join Ning and find Jinxie. You will find Jinxie in many places, each time you should note, whether I am active or dormant. It will become clear soon enough as to why and where I have become most active. Problem I have with Ning at the moment, is that the groups are somewhat closed. You need to be a member of so many different groups, when if many of them collaborated, the benefits would be infinite. Behind their doors and somewhat closed (I am sure there is or Ning can find away to allow further connection, integration between modules???), I feel all are limiting themselves, their learning, their futures!!!!! Whilst not active for a while, well not as active as I was, I still encourage others to explore Ning as for me, it was an excellent learning ground, a playground which I managed to use in such a way, as to add new tools to my trusty kit. I will continue to explore Ning and follow upgrades, as like all platforms, it is sure to expand and evolve as it should. Myspace, hey, I love it but I find now that it is a tool excellent for promotion for music and like industry and initiatives in the creative arts. Wonderful as a starting point to network, grow fan, base, connect with venues, managers, record companies and more. Limited functionality with groups and the like, thus no other real advantages. Ah, Ha, so a message on Twitter one night, a mention of Facebook, did I see. a flash, a positive comment, more in facebook now than I had seen before, mmmmmmmmmm, Jinxie666 sometimes known as Jinxiethecat or Jinxie666thecat, had to explore. Facebook, what happened? When did you change? When did all of these professionals join up? What, where, how, who?????? No matter that was it Facebook had me , (check the link you just passed over:). I have found so many people to connect with globally, all experts in their arena, all from various industry and educational networks, organisations, institutions, all my friends and working with each other, in an effort to learn and grow personally and professionally. Wow Facebook now I have to convert the music industry in Australia and show them how they can use Facebook as a learning and business tool - hey you can even lift, link, check, mail and more from your myspace worlds, directly through facebook - hehehehehehehe - no one tell myspace how far behind they are already - shhhhhhhh. Ooops - don't forget to check every facebook link on this page........ Okay, so Facebook you have another role. It appears that the art industry, is also wanting to learn about myspace and Facebook. A new myspace for the fad gallery bar and a facebook profile for them too, connecting them with the network I already have in operation - Sure and a Pleasure. So Myspace you are okay, you serve my purpose for promotion and the start of networking, however you provide nothing in the way of functionality that Facebook has to offer and will continue too, due to the platform which allows, constant additions and allowing users to create their own ONE STOP SHOP for business and learning in any industry or any level and or age. Oh Facebook, Thanks for letting me be a Vampire and I love my Pet Dragon and Pet Unicorn.....best not mention playing poker, huh!!!! Myspace vs Facebook Facebook Vs Myspace The Winner without a Doubt - Who could go past - One's Own Personal Learning and Business One Stop Shop World - Tailored by you, for you, with the aid of the applications FREE offered on FACEBOOK. Oh, sorry for being tricky, if you wish to find my third profile on facebook, you will have to join and search for me. Search somewhere in the Creative or Arts areas maybe - see who you find - good hunting one and all. http://rpc.technorati.com/rpc/ping

11 comments:

alexanderhayes said...

Great post Jacinta.

I've made mention of it here - http://mobilizethis.wikispaces.com/Digital_Debate_Interest and also added a reply to your reply in my blog here -


Looking forward to continuing this debate on Friday :-)

Anonymous said...

It's a shame you don't have a donate button!
I'd without a doubt donate to this excellent blog! I guess for now i'll
settle for book-marking and adding your RSS feed to my Google account.
I look forward to brand new updates and will talk about this site with
my Facebook group. Talk soon!

Here is my blog post :: レイバンサングラス

Anonymous said...

You're so awesome! I don't believe I have read anything like this
before. So good to discover someone with genuine thoughts on this subject.
Really.. many thanks for starting this up. This web site is one thing that is required on the internet, someone with
some originality!

Visit my page; オークリー アウトレット

Anonymous said...

continuously i used to read smaller articles that as well clear their motive, and that is also happening
with this article which I am reading at this time.

Also visit my web blog: michael clutch

Anonymous said...

I think this is one of the most significant info for
me. And i am glad reading your article. But should remark on
some general things, The website style is great, the articles is really great :
D. Good job, cheers

my web site: leather coats

Anonymous said...

Woah! I'm really loving the template/theme of this blog. It's simple, yet effective.

A lot of times it's hard to get that "perfect balance" between usability and appearance. I must say that you've done a excellent job with this.

In addition, the blog loads very fast for me on Chrome.
Excellent Blog!

Here is my homepage; michael kors runway clutch

Anonymous said...

Heya! I'm at work surfing around your blog from my new iphone! Just wanted to say I love reading your blog and look forward to all your posts! Carry on the fantastic work!

my homepage: michael kors bags

Anonymous said...

I think the admin of this site is really working hard in support of
his site, for the reason that here every information is quality based information.



Also visit my web page: southern design showcase

Anonymous said...

Its like you learn my mind! You seem to understand so much about this,
such as you wrote the ebook in it or something. I think that you just can
do with a few % to force the message house a bit, but instead of that, this is great blog. A fantastic read. I will definitely be back.

Take a look at my blog; エアジョーダン

Anonymous said...

Excellent, what a web site it is! This website presents useful facts to us,
keep it up.

my web page; 2013michaelkorsoutletvip

Anonymous said...

I am sure this piece of writing has touched all the internet viewers, its really really good post on building up
new web site.

Here is my blog post; Michael Kors Outlet